- Files on the websites are in Adobe Acrobat (pdf) format. You can download the free version of acrobat reader here.
- Bharath's office hours are now MF, 2 - 3 pm in 288 Cory Hall and Wednesday from 2 - 3 pm in 140 Cory hall (the EECS 100 lab). The old syllabus in the reader does not list the correct office hours nor the correct rooms. The version of the syllabus online is correct.
- In the Syllabus, Homework and Lab schedule table in the course syllabus handout - entry 6 should read "07/26 - 07/30", not "07/26 - 08/03". The syllabus in the reader is incorrect; I have fixed this in the online version of the syllabus.
- I have decided to put HW solutions online instead of distributing them in class. However, they will be password protected for copyright purposes. More information during the first week of class.
- I have changed the HW due dates - check the latest version of the syllabus online. Hopefully, this gives you more time to understand the material.
Week of August 09th:
- THE LOCATION OF MY MONDAY OFFICE HOURS HAS CHANGED FROM Cafe Strada to 101 O'BRIEN. To locate O'Brien check the map: 101 O'Brien. It is close to Cory Hall and next to Hesse Hall near North Gate.
Week of August 02nd:
- I have cancelled problems 9.18 and 9.36 on HW #5.
Week of July 26th:
- I have cancelled chapter 10 - DO NOT DO THE HOMEWORK PROBLEMS FROM CHAPTER 10 IN HW #5. Obviously, I won't quiz you on chapter 10 in the final.
Week of July 12th:
- Bharath's office hours for 07/16 (Friday) 2:00 - 3:00 pm are cancelled.
- MIDTERM WEEK - see the Exams link for more information
- Justin has decided to take notes in lecture - I will post his notes in addition to my lecture notes from lecture 8 onwards
- The location of my office hours have changed - I will hold them in 140AB from now on. Also, I have additional office hours on Thursday from 9:00 - 11:00. Ashwin's office hours have changed to Thursday, 2 - 4 pm.
Week of June 28th:
- I HAVE CHANGED THE SYLLABUS SO THAT WE CAN SPEND A LITTLE MORE TIME ON CHAPTER 4. PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE LATEST SYLLABUS FROM THE SYLLABUS LINK ON THE HOMEPAGE.
- I will not be covering Mesh-current method in class. You will not be responsible for this method on the midterm or the HWs.
- We were planning to open a new lab section on Monday from 2 - 5 pm. However, one of the students pointed out in office hours that we will loose next Monday because of July 4th. Hence THE NEW LAB SECTION WILL BE ON WEDNESDAY, FROM 2:00 - 5:00 PM IN 140 AB CORY. THE TA IS JUSTIN. THE LAB STARTS THE WEEK OF JULY 4TH.
- Lecture 4 notes are up (under the Lectures page).
Week of June 21st:
- Welcome to EE 100! Before the end of the first week of class:
- Buy the course textbook (Electric Circuits, by James W. Nilsson and Susan A. Riedel, 6th Edition, ISBN #0-13-032120-6) from the Cal Student bookstore located in the MLK student union building.
- Buy the course reader from Copy Central located on Hearst and Euclid (2483 Hearst Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94704). Ask for EECS 100 Summer 2004 Reader.
- Get started on HW #1. Homework problems are listed in the syllabus and also online. HOMEWORK IS PROMPTLY DUE AT THE BEGINNING OF LECTURE ON MONDAYS. NO LATE HOMEWORKS WILL BE ACCEPTED - NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Work on the prelab for experiment #2. You can find the lab guides, prelabs and lab reports on the lab homepage. They can also be found in the reader.
- We have discussion sections this summer. Here the TA will work out problems and also answer homework questions. Discussion sections are optional, but are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. You should try to get into a discussion section. Discussion sections are scheduled on MWF, 11 - 12 pm, in 140AB Cory hall (the EECS 100 lab). THERE IS NO DISCUSSION THE FIRST WEEK OF CLASS.