EECS40 -- Introduction to Microelectronic Circuits
FINAL LAB GRADESFinal lab grades are available here. Please contact me if you have any concerns.
- Scores were calculated using only Quiz 1, and Lab 1-7 grades. Quiz 2 and Labs 8 and 9 were omitted.
- A RED cell in your Tutebot column means that we do not have you recorded as completing your Tutebot and you will receive an incomplete in the class! Please contact Prof King to make arrangements. If you feel like this was a mistake, please contact Dave
- RED cell in your Tutebot Extra Column means you did NOT receive extra credit on your tutebot. This may be due to the fact that you had a late submission.
- A YELLOW cell means you have received a 0 for that particular grade.
RETURNING TUTEBOTSIf you have not yet returned your Tutebots, please see Tho in Room 377 Cory.
- Teaching Assistants
- Lab Sessions
- Lab Policies and Grading
- Tutebot Info
- Quiz 2 Information
- Extra Resources
NOTE: Office hours are held in 140 Cory.
TA Sessions Office Hours Emergency Contact Dave firstname.lastname@example.org 15, 19, 21 Friday, 3:00p-4:00p 510-335-2555 Dennis email@example.com 11, 12, 16 Wednesday, 2:00p-3:00p Matulya firstname.lastname@example.org 14, 18, 22 Tuesday, 12:00p-1:00p Chunlong email@example.com 17, 20 Wednesday, 1:00p-2:00p
Session Meeting Time TA Session 11 Monday, 12:00p-3:00p Dennis Session 12 Monday, 3:00p-6:00p Dennis Session 13 CANCELLED Session 14 Tuesday, 9:00a-12:00p Matulya Session 15 Tuesday, 2:00p-5:00p Dave Session 16 Wednesday, 8:00a-11:00a Dennis Session 17 Wednesday, 3:00p-6:00p Chunlong Session 18 Thursday, 9:00a-12:00p Matulya Session 19 Thursday, 12:00p-3:00p Dave Session 20 Thursday, 5:00p-8:00p Chunlong Session 21 Friday, 12:00p-3:00p Dave Session 22 Friday, 3:00p-6:00p Matulya
Lab Policies and Grading
- Prelab Assignment -- The prelab assignment is due at the BEGINNING of class. each person must hand in their own prelab. It is worth 5 points and is graded pass/nopass.
- Lab -- The lab report is due at the END of class. Each lab group can hand in one copy of the lab. No more than 2 people per group unless otherwise instructed. 10 points if complete and correct, 8 points if incomplete or incorrect, 0 points if not turned in.
- Attendance -- Attendance is MANDATORY. 5 points if you are on time, 2 points if you are late, and 0 points if you are absent. Attendance is accounted for by when you hand in your prelab. TAs are not required to provide makeup lab time.
- Quizes -- There will be TWO in lab quizzes.
- Switching Sessions -- Sitting in or switching sessions will be allowed. However, if there are not enough seats to accomodate all students, those not registered will be asked ot leave first. Space is determined by the number of lab stations available to accomodate groups of two (and ONLY two) member groups. Please plan accordingly so that you can finish your lab on their respective week.
Week 1 -- Introduction Prelab Lab Guide Lab Report Solutions Please see Appendix 1: About Resistors Week 2 -- Oscilloscopes Prelab Lab Guide Lab Report Solutions Week 3 -- Equivalent Circuits Prelab Guide Report Solutions Some theoretical values calculated in the prelab should be recorded in the lab report. Please do this before handing in your lab report to save yourself some work. Week 4 -- Op-Amps Prelab Guide Report Solutions The OpAmp datasheet is Appendix 4 Week 5 -- Quiz Week 6 -- RC Circuits Prelab Guide Report Solutions Week 7 -- Diodes Prelab Guide Report Solutions The background material is now included in the prelab document. Week 8 -- MOSFETS Prelab Guide Report Solutions DUT stands for Device Under Test Week 9 -- CS Amplifiers Prelab Guide Report Solutions Guide updated Oct 29th, 2003 Week 10 -- Digital Prelab Guide Report Solutions This lab will start with Session 16 (Wednesday, 8am) due to Holiday. The spec sheet for the MM74HC00 chip is Appendix 8
- Appendix 1: Resistors
- Appendix 2: Capacitors
- Appendix 3: Inductors
- Appendix 4: LMC6482 Datasheet
- Appendix 5: LED Color, Voltage Chart
- Appendix 6: Fairchild BS170 n-channel MOSFET datasheet
- Appenidx 7: XOR Layout
- Appendix 8: 74HC00 Quad 2-Input Nand Datasheet
Information for Quiz 2There will be two sessions for each lab session. Please check to see which session you were assigned to. If you show up to a session you were not assigned to, you may be asked to leave depending on available space. Please show up on time as the quiz will begin strictly 10 minutes after the start of the session (if the session starts at 12:00pm, the quiz will begin at 12:10).
Session Meeting Time TA Session 1 Session 2 Session 11 Monday, 12:00p-3:00p Dennis ALL NONE Session 12 Monday, 3:00p-6:00p Dennis ALARCON-KOO LAI-WANG Session 13 CANCELLED Session 14 Tuesday, 9:00a-12:00p Matulya ALL NONE Session 15 Tuesday, 2:00p-5:00p Dave BHARGAVA-KOO LA-YIU Session 16 Wednesday, 8:00a-11:00a Dennis ALL NONE Session 17 Wednesday, 3:00p-6:00p Chunlong CHOU-LIU MASCARENHA-WU Session 18 Thursday, 9:00a-12:00p Matulya ALL NONE Session 19 Thursday, 12:00p-3:00p Dave ALL NONE Session 20 Thursday, 5:00p-8:00p Chunlong ALL NONE Session 21 Friday, 12:00p-3:00p Dave BERNARDO-LIN LIU-WONG Session 22 Friday, 3:00p-6:00p Matulya AUNG-LIU NGU-YEE