EE140, Spring 2009
Linear Integrated Circuits
Tues. and Thurs: 12:30 am - 2:00 pm
101 Moffitt Library
- Section 101: Wednesday, 2:30 - 3:30 pm, 521 Cory Hall
- Section 102: Friday, 1:00 - 2:00 pm, 299 Cory Hall
NOTE: This change takes effect for sure on March 6th, possibly Feb. 20th. Until then, 557 Cory has been reserved. Please watch for announcements.
- Section 103: Friday, 12:00 - 1:00 pm, 293 Cory Hall
- Section 10: Monday, 4:00 - 6:00 pm, 353 Cory Hall
- Section 11: Tuesday, 5:00 - 7:00 pm, 353 Cory Hall
- Section 12: Wednesday, 9:00 - 11:00 am, 353 Cory Hall
- EE105 and some aspects of EE20N. It is assumed that you are familiar with the following topics:
- Basic network theory
- Basic linear systems theory (Fourier and Laplace transforms, Bode plots).
- The use of small-signal models in the analysis and design of BJT and MOS amplifier circuits
- Analysis of single- and multi-transistor amplifiers with BJTs and MOS
(including common-emitter source), common-collector (drain), common-base (gate), cascode, cascade, darlington, etc.)
- Elementary semiconductor physics and device operation for pn junctions, bipolar junction transistors (BJTs), and MOS field-effect transistors (MOSFETs).
Familiarity with integrated circuit fabrication techniques is helpful, but not necessary. We will review IC fabrication techniques whenever needed.
- Course Objectives
To give the student a firm grounding in the analysis and design of MOS and bipolar analog integrated circuits. Emphasis is placed on the practical aspects of IC design, and on intuitive understanding of circuit behavior as opposed to heavily analytical approaches. A heavy emphasis is placed on design content, and the students use SPICE as a simulation tool.
- ″Design of Analog CMOS Ingegrated Circuits,″ by
Razavi, First Edition, McGraw Hill, 2001 (required).
Various material to be distributed throughout the course. (required).
- ″Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits,″ by Gray, Hurst, Lewis, Meyer, Fifth Edition, John Wiley & Sons, 2008 (recommended).
- ″The Spice Book,″ by Vladimirescu, First Edition, John Wiley & Sons, 1994 (recommended).
- Course Details:
Academic Dishonesty Policy
Professor Clark Nguyen
574 Cory Hall
Phone: (510) 642-6251
Monday, 2:30 - 4:00 pm, 574 Cory
Thursday, 3:00 - 4:30 pm, 574 Cory
Mr. Dusan Stepanovic
Berkeley Wireless Center, 2108 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA
Tuesday, 2:30-4:30 pm, Moore Room, Cory Hall Courtyard (tentative)
Mr. Yang Lin
373 Cory Hall
Tuesday, 10:30-11:30 am, Moore Room, Cory Hall Courtyard (tentative)
Mr. Mehmet Akgul
373 Cory Hall
Monday, 11:00-12:00 pm, Moore Room, Cory Hall Courtyard (tentative)
Instructional Support Assistant:
253 Cory Hall