The quiz is comprised of 5 questions. Please limit your answers to
about 1/2 a page each at most. You can simply email your answers to me
at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to use any class notes, slides, or the
assigned papers. Your answers should be mailed back to me by Wed.,
- Describe and explain the design principle of Application Level Framing.
- Explain the concept of transform coding and provide an example of its use.
- Explain the notion of "media elasticity". Provide examples of both an inelastic media type and an elastic media type.
- What is the heterogenous receiver's problem and how can layered media types
help alleviate this problem?
- How does an additive layering (i.e., where higher layers depend on lower layers)
help provide an incentive for receivers for finding the correct number of layers