NT System Setup
To run SLIDE you must have access to the COMP-SCI or INSTRUCTIONAL domain
and have access to machine \\SAMBA\ or \\MAMBA\.
You can check which machine you have access to by using Network Neighborhood.
The machines in 330 and 349 Soda should have acces to \\MAMBA.
- Run installmamba.bat or
installsamba.bat from your Desktop
(if you need to compile SLIDE also do step 3 below).
- Install Manually
- Using NT Explorer under the Tools menu:
- Select Drive "S:"
- Set the Path to "\\MAMBA\caffe" or (\\SAMBA\caffe)
- Double click the following registry key export files:
- These files produce the following registry keys:
- Add two environment variables:
- Open the control panel (start->settings->controlpanel)
- Doubleclick on "system"
- Click on the "environment" tab
- The top part is all the system wide variables, and the
bottom is the ones for the current user (these are the ones
you will be adding to). If an environment
variable already exists then click on it. Otherwise type
the variable name in and the value for it.
- Add: "PATH" = "%PATH%;S:\slide\bin\SYSTEM\NT;S:\slide\bin;S:\slide\lib\SYSTEM\NT"
- Add: "LEFTYPATH" = "S:\slide\lib\SYSTEM\NT\lefty"
- Run slide.bat from your Desktop
- Open a DOS Command Prompt and type
> cd slide\bin\SYSTEM\NT