- Total amount of data accross out of a device or across an interface per unit time. (usually Bytes/sec)
Memory Interfaces for Acessing Data
- A measure of the time from a request for a data transfer until the data is received.
- Asynchronous (unclocked):
- A change in the address results in data appearing
- Synchronous (clocked):
- A change in address, followed by an edge on CLK results in data appearing. Somtimes, multiple request may be outstanding.
- Looses its state when the power goes off.